Support the Bearcat Bands
Gifts enable us to further provide every student with the best possible experience. Much of our external support comes from monthly and annual givers in a variety of amounts. No gift is too small; all are significant.
Inspired by the Marching Band's 65+ year traditional CHARGE! down the Nippert Stadium steps at home football games, Charge into the Next Century is the Bearcat Bands' initiative to put a quality instrument in the hands of every band member.
The Bearcat Bands include nearly 350 students participating in the spirit band program (marching band, color guard, twirlers, and pep bands); multiple concert bands; jazz ensembles; various brass, woodwind, and percussion ensembles; beginning band; and educational clinics.
The vision of Bearcat Bands is for the University of Cincinnati to be the most musical campus in America.
Replace | Repair | Endow
Our goals are to
- Provide a one-time sweep of the Bearcat Bands' instrument inventory,
- Allow for additional instrument purchases to accommodate the growth and popularity of the band,
- Endow a fund for ongoing instrument maintenance.
Many students in the band currently use their own personal instruments in all weather conditions. A good number of instruments in the school-owned inventory are much depreciated and even irreparable. It is uncommon for peer-institution band programs to have an arrangement such as ours, where students are heavily dependent on providing and repairing their own instruments.
The success of this fundraising campaign is critical to ensure the band is inclusive and accessible to students and for the uniformity of the band's sound and appearance resulting from the consistent use of high-quality, matching instruments:
- Students would not be turned away from participation in the band because they do not have an instrument.
- Repairs to personal and school instruments would not need to be substantially or wholly subsidized by students.
- All students would have access to an instrument for use in all weather conditions.
- The band director would have increased capacity to ensure the band sounds and looks as it should.
Instrument Level Giving in the following amounts provide the funding to purchase each instrument, including the case, mouthpiece, accessories, and ongoing sanitation and repairs:
- Piccolo: $1,900
- Clarinet: $1,500
- Alto Saxophone: $2,300
- Tenor Saxophone: $2,500
- Baritone Saxophone: $5,900
- Trumpet: $2,100
- Mellophone: $2,300
- Trombone: $2,400
- Baritone: $2,700
- Sousaphone: $10,000
- Marching Snare Drum: $3,100
- Marching Tenor Drums: $5,400
- Marching Bass Drums (variable sizes): $3,200 to $4,300
- Crash Cymbals: $1,900
Help Bearcat Bands Charge into the Next Century by replacing and repairing its instruments!
UC and UC Health employees can give via payroll deduction today!