Reach. Rise. Roar.
The Marian Spencer Scholarship: Igniting the fearless pioneer in our CPS students
University of Cincinnati is proud to partner with Cincinnati Public Schools to offer the Marian Spencer Scholarship Program, specifically reserved for CPS students in the top 10% of their senior class.
The scholarship program includes:
- Full cost of attendance (tuition, room and board, books)
- Additional support for study abroad, co-op, summer opportunities
- Residential living community in Marian Spencer Hall
- Enhanced advising support, student success resources and career coaching
- Study abroad service trip to Tanzania with Village Life
- Networking and mentoring opportunities with UC's President and other university leaders
- Service project with CPS students in future years
Marian's fight for equality began early, as a University of Cincinnati student campaigning for an inclusive prom. And it remained personal—she chaired legal action to desegregate Coney Island Amusement Park after her two young sons were denied admittance. Above all, Marian Spencer’s lifelong dedication to civil rights and racial justice have served to inspire the fearlessness in us all.
UC and UC Health employees can give via payroll deduction today!